As you plan your next big outdoor adventure, be sure to pack these best essential oils for camping! The power of essential oils isn’t limited only to your home. When you hit all your favorite hiking trails, you’ll want these essential oil sidekicks along. Their signature scents will help you make the most of those glorious summer days and gorgeous nights under the stars.
Lavender essential oil
Before you leave home, check your pockets for that oh-so-essential Lavender oil! You’ll want this versatile essential oil along for camping because it has so many uses.
- After a day in the sun, Lavender oil can be soothing to the skin.
- Lavender is famous for its relaxing properties, so if you have trouble sleeping away from the comfort of your own bed, try rubbing a few drops on your feet to create a tranquil environment for rest.
Citronella essential oil
Avid campers will recognize the floral, citrusy scent of citronella due to its popularity as an ingredient in insect-repelling candles. Bring Citronella essential oil along on your camping trip to help keep your camp site free of unwanted outdoor annoyances.
- Apply Citronella directly to your ankles, wrists, or other exposed skin or use this recipe to create your own spray:
- 8-ounce glass spray bottle
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 6 ounces distilled water
- 28–35 drops Citronella essential oil
- Create an outdoor spray using Citronella, Lemongrass, and Cedarwood essential oils topped off with water or witch-hazel.
- Whip up your own no-power-necessary mason jar diffusers! You’ll need:
- Mason jars
- Coarse salt—sea salt or Himalayan salt work well
- Summery essential oils such as Lemon, Peppermint, Citronella, Grapefruit, and Eucalyptus Radiata
- Fill your mason jars with salt and add 20─30 drops of essential oil, then stretch the cheesecloth underneath the lid ring. Why so much oil? Since there’s no water or steam to diffuse the essential oils into the air, you’ll need a little more oil to get the full effect.
Peppermint essential oil
If you plan on hiking, swimming, or any other physical activities while you’re camping, don’t forget the Peppermint essential oil! Peppermint is one of those must-packs, especially because of how soothing it is for tired muscles.
- Apply Peppermint oil in a soothing massage to fatigued muscles at the end of a long day.
- Use Peppermint oil for an instant cool-down by applying it to your neck and shoulders for a cooling sensation.
- If you need a little kick to wake up after a night in a tent, put a few drops of Peppermint oil in your hands and inhale deeply for an awakening aroma first thing in the morning.
YL tip: Spray a little Peppermint mixed with water around where you’ll prepare and store food to shoo ants away.
Purification® essential oil blend
No camping essential oil collection is complete without Purification! This essential oil blend offers so many uses when you’re reveling in the great outdoors:
- Apply it topically to soothe skin.
- Freshen up musty camping gear by spritzing sleeping bags, blankets, or the inside of tents with a mixture of water and Purification.
- Add a few drops to the bottom of your garbage can, in your port-a-potty, or in your sweaty shoes at night to keep unwanted odors at bay.
Still have room in your pack for a few more essential oils for camping? We recommend trying these favorites:
- Seedlings® Calm: This essential oil blend’s aroma helps the whole family wind down after a fun-filled day.
- Marjoram: Pair this essential oil with a soothing massage to help comfort tired muscles.
- Lemongrass: Team this essential oil up with Citronella to fend off outdoor annoyances.
- DiGize®: Massage DiGize over the abdomen or inhale its aroma directly from the bottle for a soothing experience.
Still have room in your pack? Here are seven more Young Living camping essentials you’ll want to include with your gear so you’re ready for anything. If summer for you is soaking up rays by the pool or grilling goodies, you’ll want these 20 essential oils that are practically made for summer.
Have a favorite camping spot or a go-to essential oil you wouldn’t go camping without?
Please share them with us in the comments!
The post Adventure awaits! The best essential oils for camping trips appeared first on Young Living Blog.