Imagine this: It’s 9 p.m., the kids are in bed, the dishwasher is going, and your daily checklist is finished. Instead of rushing through a shower and crashing into bed, might we recommend a little you time?
Grab a book, press play on your zen playlist—it’s time for a bubble bath! With sweet essential oils scents infused in the air and bubbles galore, you’ll feel lighter, brighter, and more tranquil than you’ve felt in forever.
DIY bubble bath recipe
How to make this DIY bubble bath
1. Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Pour ⅓–1 cup of bubble bath in the running water. More bubble bath liquid results in bigger, foamier bubbles!
3. Put your favorite relaxing blend in your diffuser and soak away!
4. Store remaining bubble bath in a container with a lid.
What’s in our bubble bath recipe?
It’s no secret that harsh ingredients sneak into everyday products—even ones that seem as playful and innocent as bubble baths! The worst ingredient offender? Sodium lauryl sulfate. This nasty ingredient may cause those large, lasting bubbles at bath time, but trust us when we say it’s not something you want on your skin. Luckily, our DIY bubble bath has a big ole’ “No toxins allowed!” policy.
• KidScents Bath Gel: This is our trick for the kind of bubbles you want to play with! Full of gentle ingredients and the oh-so-relaxing scents of Lemon and Cedarwood, this recipe will work just as well for kids as it does for you. Good thing too, cause when your wee ones see those bubbles, they’ll be begging for their bath next!
YL tip: No KidScents Bath Gel on hand? Sub in Evening Peace Bath & Shower Gel!
• Fractionated coconut oil: You may enjoy a bath accompanied by a book or podcast instead of toy boats and rubber duckies, but that doesn’t mean you have to leave baby-soft skin behind. Coconut oil in its liquid form will get you there before your fingers and toes start to prune.
• Essential oils: We’re forever chasing spa vibes during our self-care time—hence the addition of Tea Tree and Eucalyptus—but you can choose whatever combo of scents you like. Make it floral with Geranium and Ylang Ylang, unwind with Peace & Calming® and KidScents® SleepyIze, or treat yourself to true splendor with Rose or Neroli!*
Which essential oils do you put in your bubble bath?
Spill the comments below!
*Avoid direct sun exposure at site of application for 12 hours after using Neroli topically.
The post Good, clean fun: Naturally derived DIY bubble bath appeared first on Young Living Blog.