What is chamomile?
This precious white and yellow wildflower blooms in pastures, along roadsides, and in other sunny areas. Its name comes from the Greek Khamai, meaning “on the ground,” and melon, meaning “apple.” The chamomile plant has been used throughout history for various purposes and has been stealing-and calming-our hearts for ages!
German Chamomile is in the same family as sunflowers and daisies, and it blooms between spring and autumn. The oil features a blue hue, distinguishing it from most other oils. Although its flowers are smaller than its Roman counterpart, German Chamomile packs a hefty punch! See how you can apply the oil in your daily routine.
1. Create your own blemish blend. The constituent chamazulene is what makes German Chamomile a top contender for your skin care routine, because it soothes minor skin irritations. Add the following oils to an empty 15 ml essential oil bottle to minimize the appearance of blemishes.
2. Finesse your face creams. German Chamomile boasts calming and skin-rejuvenating benefits. Mix a few drops with your favorite skin cream and enjoy a sweet, soft scent. Check out this post for some helpful tips on how to create your own lotion!
3. Sip and unwind. Looking for help winding down at night? Add 2 drops of our German Chamomile Vitality to your herbal tea—its calming properties can prep you for a good night’s rest.
4. Put relaxation on repeat. On the go and need a moment away from the chaos? Grab your bottle of German Chamomile and apply topically to your chest, neck, and wrists and breathe in the smooth, soothing scent.
Roman Chamomile essential oil is an oldie but a goodie. The ancient Egyptians and Romans used this oil in creams and salves. It offers a sweet, apple-pie-like aroma that you’ll fall in love with. Here’s how you’ll know this oil is the one for you.
1. Wake up refreshed. Combine this gentle oil with Citrus Fresh for a bright, tart scent to invigorate your senses. This pairing will become your new morning muse.
2. Soothe sore muscles. Massage fatigued muscles and joints after a rigorous workout or add Roman Chamomile to a warm bath, so you can be relaxed and ready to conquer your goals the next day.
3. Calm your little ones. For centuries, mothers have used chamomile with their children. Known as the “kid calmer” because of its calming scent, Roman Chamomile is one of the gentlest essential oils on the planet. Mix 3-5 drops with V-6 and apply to your child’s temples, stomach, or bottoms of the feet when they need it most.
The post Keep calm: Fall in love with Roman and German Chamomile appeared first on El Blog de Young Living.