Balancing aroma? Check. Exotic luxury? Check. Skin nourishment for days? Check. Davana essential oil simply has it all! Whether you diffuse it or use it for topical application, this oil is sure to become a floral favorite.
A member of the daisy family, the flowering herb is native to southern India, where it has been prized by Ayurvedic healers for thousands of years. The leaves, stems, and yellow flowers of the plant are steam distilled to produce this EO extraordinaire. It’s a must-have if you are looking for a new beauty hack or a balancing, mood-boosting aroma.
Get the most out of every drop of Davana with these tips.
What is Davana essential oil used for?
You don’t have to be an Ayurvedic healer to use Davana. Discover the benefits of adding this multitasking rock star to your routine.
Subtle, sultry scent
Davana is adaptive, which means that it smells and reacts differently to each person’s body chemistry. This scent chameleon allows you to create a unique personal fragrance without any of the iffy ingredients found in many commercial perfumes and colognes.
Want to make your own scent using Davana as a heart note? Try these ideas:
1. Wear Davana on its own; apply directly to the skin or add a roller top to make application easy.
2. Combine with another floral scent like Joy or Ylang Ylang. Mix them with unscented lotion to keep your hands moisturized and smelling divine.
3. Try it with something musky like Patchouli or Frankincense.
4. Use Shutran® essential oil blend as cologne—Davana is a key ingredient.
5. Inspire romance by combining Davana with Jasmine and Sacred Sandalwood.
What does Davana smell like?
Fruity, floral, and a tad woodsy, Davana’s aroma is used as an aphrodisiac in some cultures. Now you, too, can set the mood with this flirty and fragrant oil that might remind you of apricots ripening in the sun, freshly cut hay, or a stroll through a wooded forest. Some people also pick up a subtle licorice note, and others experience earthy richness.
If you like how Davana smells, you’ll love what it does for your skin. When used as part of a daily skin care regimen, Davana helps you put your freshest face forward. Check out our favorite tips for pampering your complexion with this beauty essential:
1. Fight back against blemishes with a clarifying clay mask like this one (swap Davana for Geranium).
2. Nourish your skin to get a healthy glow with a drop of Davana in your moisturizer each morning or night.
3. Defy the appearance of aging by adding a drop to ART® Renewal Serum.
Thanks to Davana, you can embrace fresh-faced confidence every day.
YL tip: For even more radiant skin, try six other essential oils your skin loves.
Another benefit of Davana essential oil is its comforting aroma amidst the chaos of life. The sweet, exotic scent is the perfect antidote to a stressful day. Whether you’re juggling work and school or striving for success in personal and family life, use Davana to feel more balanced:
1. Boost your mood by smelling this oil straight from the bottle.
2. Add to unscented body lotion and massage into hands and feet to unwind at the end of a long day.
3. Diffuse during work or study with other mood-boosting oils and blends like Stress Away.
4. Mist your pillowcase before bed with this DIY bedtime linen spray: 1 cup distilled water, 10 drops Davana, and 10 drops Copaiba.
5. Switch off stress with a blissful diffuser blend combining Davana, Abundance, and Spearmint.
Dreaming of Davana? So are we! We are giving away bottles of this divine oil to FIVE lucky winners! Simply enter your email in the form on this page and comment on this post for your opportunity to win! What are some of your favorite ways to use Davana?
• To enter, fill out the form on this page and comment on this post.
• Contest ends at 9 a.m., MT, on Friday, June 19.
• Five winners will be chosen at random and emailed accordingly.
• Click here for official rules.
Now that we’ve introduced you to Davana, meet two other floral oils that are popular in luxury perfumes and skin care routines.
Which of these 13 uses for Davana will you try next?
Share with us in the comments!
The post Not your garden-variety EO: 13 ways Davana has it all appeared first on Young Living Blog.