Think essential oils are just for aromatic or topical purposes? Think again! With Young Living’s Vitality essential oil line,* you can go from home cook to culinary artist with easy, elevated dishes! Create mouth-watering recipes that’ll have your family and guests coming back for seconds!
Tips to get started
A small amount of essential oil can make a huge impact on flavor in any dish. Keep in mind the following tips when using essential oils in your recipes:
- Essential oils can be great substitutes for fresh herbs, citrus zest and juice, and spices such as oregano, lime juice, or ground clove.
- Essential oils are potent. We recommend using only 1-2 drops at first, or even the toothpick method when cooking with essential oils: Stick a toothpick through the oil dropper to absorb the oil, then swirl the toothpick through wet ingredients. Give it a taste and gradually add more flavor to your liking.
- Knowledge is key to a successful recipe. Always read the essential oil label before creating your tasty dishes.
Cook smart in the kitchen
Cooking restaurant-quality dishes can be time-consuming and expensive—but it doesn’t have to be that way! Spend less time in the kitchen and enjoy your flavorful meal using Vitality essential oils and these helpful tips:
- Replace hard-to-find ingredients with a Vitality oil. For example, instead of buying coriander from the spice section, use Coriander Vitality essential oil.
- Get the most bang for your buck. You need only small amounts of Vitality essential oils in your recipes, so you can recreate or concoct dozens of new dishes from the same bottle!
- Spend less time cooking and more time savoring every bite. Cut down your prep time, including washing, chopping, and slicing ingredients, and add oils instead.
- Savor the fresh flavor with each essential oil use. Have you ever made a dish that calls for a single sprig of rosemary, but grocery stores only sell fresh herbs in bulk? Dried herbs and spices quickly go stale, while Vitality oils retain their powerful flavor.
10 simple ways to use Vitality oils
Ditch the hours spent Pinterest-ing eventual recipe fails and go with these delicious dishes. These vibrant, flavorful recipes will leave your taste buds tingling!
- Turn lemonade from a summer staple to a gourmet beverage by adding Lavender Vitality to your ice-cold pitcher.
- Start your day the healthy way with a few drops of JuvaCleanse® Vitality in your green smoothie.
- Feeling French cuisine under a moonlit night? Experiment with meat marinades using Tarragon Vitality.
- Cozy up by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa flavored with a hint of Nutmeg Vitality or Cinnamon Bark Vitality. For a relaxing evening, try our Lavender hot chocolate recipe.
- Spice up your store-bought pasta sauce with Basil Vitality or Thyme Vitality essential oil for an extra zest.
- Indulge in our guilt-free Peppermint brownie recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
- Sweeten up your day with a few drops of Grapefruit Vitality in your water.
- Infuse Chinese dishes with the fresh, bold flavor of Ginger Vitality.
- Experience a burst of flavor with Orange Vitality in your pancake or waffle batter.
- Cool off your palate with the zest of Citrus Fresh Vitality in your plain yogurt.
Explore our vast range of Vitality essential oils!
Now that you’re familiar with Vitality essential oils, try our pizza recipe and other holiday recipes on the blog.