When we talk about the benefits of essential oil aromas, we throw out words like soothing, balancing, and refreshing. Sometimes we get fancy and slip in energizing, inviting, and purifying. But what the heck do those words mean?
It’s time we put YL definitions to descriptions and dive deep into four of our most-used aroma adjectives. Why these four? Because they’re the top words for our top blends, and each blend fits one or two—or four—of these benefits.
Invigorating in-ˈvi-gə-ˌrā-tiŋ adj : stimulating and refreshing; this aroma is just what you need when you want to accomplish all the things.
Uplifting əp-ˈlif-tiŋ adj : promoting feelings of optimism and inspiration; this scent is like feeling the warmth of the sun in the middle of a rainy day.
Relaxing ri-ˈlaks-iŋ adj : calming and restful; like a warm bath and a pair of fuzzy socks, this aroma can help you unwind after a long day.
Grounding ˈgrau̇n-diŋ adj : connecting with the earth spiritually, boosting focus and stability; inhale this scent when life’s thrown you a bit out of balance.
How to use essential oil blends
What do you get when you combine powerful essential oils? Powerful essential oil blends! Young Living’s Research and Development team carefully crafts these blends by combining the high-quality constituents and scents of some of our favorite oils. (Sometimes they throw in an unexpected oil or two!) The result? Pure essential oil blends that boast an impressive list of benefits.
Here’s a list of our top 11 blends. Remember to reference the above infographic to find out the aromatic benefits in each bottle!
PanAway® essential oil blend’s aroma has invigorating and uplifting in spades. When applied topically, it leaves a cooling sensation on the skin that’s as brisk and energizing as a wintry run down the ski slopes.
What’s in PanAway essential oil blend?
How to use PanAway essential oil blend
- Add it to V-6 and massage into tired muscles after you’ve won your workout.
- Dilute 1 drop PanAway to 4 drops carrier oil and rub into temples and neck for a quick afternoon pick-me-up.
How to use Purification essential oil blend
- Put a drop on a damp cloth before wiping down kitchen surfaces to fill your home with its welcoming scent.
- Add it to laundry soap or dryer balls for clothes that smell as fresh as a garden in bloom.
How to use Peace & Calming essential oil blend
- Gently massage a drop or two on children’s feet as their busy bodies nestle down for an afternoon nap.
- Put a drop directly on your wrists in the morning before facing your mile-long to-do list.
Part of our KidScents® line, SleepyIze essential oil blend is formulated with little ones in mind, but its calming aroma benefits adults too. When you’re feeling maxed out and out of balance, find your center with the scent of SleepyIze.
How to use SleepyIze essential oil blend
- Draw a bath before bedtime and add a few drops of SleepyIze. Surround yourself with its soothing aroma as you quiet mind and body.
- Set the stage for a good night’s rest by putting a few drops on a handkerchief and tucking it inside pillowcases before bedtime.
When it comes to the ideal combination of relaxing and grounding, Stress Away essential oil blend takes the cake—or rather, the calm. The blend’s unique, slightly sweet scent is as soothing to the soul as the gentle crash of waves on a white sand beach.
How to use Valor essential oil blend
- Diffuse it when you wake up in the morning to greet the day with a can-do attitude.
- Add it to your moisturizer at night to soak up the skin-loving benefits of Blue Tansy, Frankincense, and Geranium.
How to use R.C. essential oil blend
- Rub it on your chest and the back of your neck before a workout to help you power through all those reps.
- Add a drop to your shampoo and treat yourself to a rejuvenating scalp massage.
Need a little midday motivation but don’t need the full power of PanAway or Purification? Give Citrus Fresh essential oil blend a try! This blend is sunshine in a bottle—a bright citrusy scent with a hint of tangy mint.
What’s in Citrus Fresh essential oil blend?
How to use Citrus Fresh essential oil blend
- Let the sunshine in with a DIY air freshener spray with 6 ounces distilled water, 2 ounces witch hazel, and 10-15 drops Citrus Fresh.
- Banish musty odors by adding a few drops to cotton balls and placing them inside closets, cars, and shoes.
Open a bottle of Joy essential oil blend when you want to infuse your life with warmth and happiness. The combination of floral and citrus aromas is a gentle reminder to enjoy the little things in life.
How to use Joy essential oil blend
- Add a drop or two to unscented lotion and rub into hands and feet for a “happy dance” fragrance you can enjoy all day.
- Diffuse during family gatherings to foster deeper connections as you create lifelong memories.
Looking for a little down-to-earth optimism? The combination is a little hard to find, but you can create that unique atmosphere with a bottle of White Angelica essential oil blend. Grounding, relaxing, and a touch uplifting, this one-of-a-kind blend’s aroma is all about focusing on the positive.
How to use White Angelica essential oil blend
- Revamp your skin care routine when you add a drop or two of White Angelica to your daily moisturizer.
- Diffuse during meditation to deepen your practice and help channel positive thinking.
What’s in Thieves essential oil blend?
How to use Thieves essential oil blend
- Diffuse this balancing aroma whenever you need to clear your mind. Bonus: It clears the air too!
- Add a few drops to homemade cleaning products to fill your home with its warm, cozy scent.